Thursday, December 08, 2016

Kindness Quilt Square #3

It only takes ONE person, and ONE act of kindness, to inspire others and create change.
@jennifer_hogan

That quote illustrates a great way to live and one thing I have discovered in the 
creative blogging community, is that they are some of the most
generous and kind people around. 

My friend Vicki, over at the 2 Bags Full blog is one of those wonderful
people.  

So when I was invited to be a part of her KINDNESS QUILT PROJECT, I was thrilled and honored to participate. An immediate "YES' was my answer. 

4 squares - crochet and embellished.

Roughly 6 inches square. 

These will be gathered by Vicki, assembled, and gifted to a special person. 

What a wonderful way to share our love of creating with others. 

I immediately went to work. 

Details from Square #3



I made the base for this one from some wool blend, sock weight yarn using a C2C pattern. 

Then I went into the stash. 

I knew I wanted to make the roses from my friend Doni's, Tutorial . I've made a lot of these in different sizes since I first got the tutorial from her, so I consider this one tried and true. 

So I gathered some cobweb weight thread in assorted colors from the stash.
I wanted this to feel like dried rose bouquets that we save from those special events. 

I crocheted six roses and added vintage buttons for the centers. 


For the "leaves" I crocheted a lacy doiley center from some nice, silky thread. The sheen and color perfectly fit the idea I was trying for. 

Then a fussy cut from some vintage lace that my friend MaryAnn sent me. 

The final bit of detail is a FAVORITE button that I have been hanging on to for YEARS. 



Look again at those colors.

Does it give you the keepsake faded roses feel I was seeking?


I promise this is square - but it sure looks wonky in this picture.

I am really happy with how this turned out. 

It is so exciting when the idea in your head really works out. 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mixxerly is an independent entertainment magazine. Mixxerly shares latest news & trends about your favorite celebrities, movies, music, arts & entertainment. You'll find answers to all your questions about your favorite famous personalities.

Mixxerly.com is your premier publication about latest events, celebrity net worth, personal finance, technology, motivation and valuable resources to help you keep growing yourself.