Saturday, October 05, 2013

#STASHTAGS 5/31

ENCOURAGE. My grandmother taught me to crochet.




Materials List:
- tan card base
- a stamp that actually has words, but I was able to stamp off center. 
- a russet ink from Studio Calico (after I stamped it, I brushed a bit of ink all around the edges. 
- a bit of crochet that I started and never progressed on (imagine that) 
- a copper bit with the word written on it.
- a polyester yoyo from Mama Norvan (there are more of these yoyos she used them to make Christmas 
      wreath ornaments - I'm going to make each of my girls an ornament now that I've located that box)
- and a seriously happy accident in the box with the yoyos. The hanger is a piece of ribbon she saved that had faded to the perfect match for the stamp ink.

I learned how to crochet by watching my Grandmother. I would sit behind her and watch her. Then when I started to actually handle yarn and a hook, she was so encouraging. As was my mama. I am using some favorite bits and bobs on this project since I know I'll be keeping these for me. And knowing that has allowed me to use them without thinking "well I'll save this for ____" 

This is actually turning out to be a very fun and enlightening project.

Have a great day.



No comments: