Monday, January 21, 2013

Let's just be real here.


Not sure if you guys noticed. I never really pointed it out. But it happened. And there is a very real reason it went like it did. And they say confession is quite good for the soul. 

Well here is the confession. 

Take a look at all of the wedding DIY pictures. (you do not have to do this literally) I'll will explain. 

NOT A SINGLE ONE OF THEM SHOWS ANY WORK HAPPENING IN THE STUDIO. 

WAIT YOU SAY.

YES I WILL REPEAT THAT. 

NOT A SINGLE ONE OF THEM SHOWS ANY WORK HAPPENING IN THE STUDIO. 

The next statement could be --- well it was more convenient to work in the living room or the dining room or even on the front porch. (Well the front porch was my favorite place to work when the weather was nice and I will have a table set up to continue that process in the very near future)

Or I needed to be near my family --- or there is no tv in the studio and I needed to keep up with ____. 

I might could even say that having a snake in the studio scares me. 

But nope -- none of those are the reasons for working in the house. ( and I do have a snake and I am not afraid of him at all)

The real studio of MaggieGraceCreates saga and the real reason for moving all the wedding crafting into the house ............. is this




There was no damned way to work in MaggieGraceWorld. Hell I couldn't even walk in MaggieGraceWorld.

So Friday night, I pulled the small trailer over by the door and simply moved the pile of crap in the floor onto the trailer. This gave me room to walk at least. Then I started cleaning, purging, rearranging, sorting, putting away. I worked ALL day Saturday. I took a pile of stuff I will NEVER use to a fellow creative soul (and managed to not bring home stuff she was planning to purge). Two big bags of trash. I unpackaged and combined. I labeled. I stacked a shelf on top of a dresser and that gave me room to move a file cabinet against the wall and out of the floor. It was a very productive day.

I got ONE CORNER cleaned. ONE CORNER. That is all.  But here is the pictured corner after that day's work.

Ahhhhh - Much better.





I know there be three more corners to go.


But I decided to take Sunday as a full day of rest.

Sunday School, morning worship, lunch, nap, dinner, youth Talent show........ then feet up and crochet hook in hand.


Have a wonderful day ------ I'll do the fabric closet tonight.


No comments: