Tuesday, October 30, 2012

more accomplished

I took last Friday off to play with the Bride-to-Be. Let me just tell you out playtime was really really just hard work.

I shared the CAKE TABLE yesterday. That was finished on Friday. Then there was this also on Friday night. 

Molly ran a copy of a graphic she found online ---

Grabbed a sheet of transparency paper and my overhead projector and a black canvas I had painted.



Since so many of my surfaces are being used for various stages of projects for the wedding, she actually grabbed the dog's pillow and headed to the floor by the dining room island.

Using white paint and tiny brushes she lettered and lettered.



Not sure why, but the bandanna is required attire for her painting uniform.

Here is her result from three hours of being in the floor.


Props will be staged for our guests to use and a digital camera on a tripod. Knowing some of these guests, this should be fun.

A budget decision was to now rent chair covers along with the table linens. But she wants a pretty detail on the chairs, We got lots of paper (mama has a paper fetish) and using the same die set I punched 250 large hearts in solids and then 250 smaller ones in patterned papers.

Each of these will be punched in the center and added to the backs of the chairs with a tulle and ribbon bow.


Then there were some of these that I bought at the habitat thrift store ----

The ones I bought looked a lot like this .... corroded. Nasty. Rusted in spots.

I bought two with an idea to try --- (they were so bad, I only paid a dollar each)


The Man at My Address -- Father of the Bride took them apart and ripped out the electrical.

The only issue was that the backer mounting plate was riveted on and the rivets had to be drilled out to get those off.



Then, I scrubbed up the parts and outside we went to the "spray booth" (lest you think I am that well set up at my house, the spray booth in this case was an outdoor bench and a drop cloth). I used one of my favorites -- spray paint and coated them. I went back and forth doing other things while adding additional coats.



I cleaned the beveled glass panes.



Dug in the lace stash and found some I adore.

Then sprayed that lace with spray adhesive.


After giving that a few minutes to "set", I trimmed them at the edges. USE A NEW SHARP XACTO BLADE -just saying.


Aren't they pretty.

Then .....I reassembled all the parts.

And look ...... a table lantern.


Honestly, this turned out even better than I imagined it would

Just for smiles, I added a candle on Saturday night.

ANOTHER NOTE, FOR SAFETY REASONS (THIS GETS HOT IF THE CANDLE IS TOO BIG) USE ONLY A LITTLE TEALIGHT IN THESE. OR A LITTLE LED CANDLE IF IT WILL BE UNATTENDED.

I'm loving this one too.

This was not inspired by a pin, but I hope it inspires someone.


No comments: