Tuesday, October 02, 2012

IN THIS DIRECTION



The picture above is from pinterest. I pinned it, knowing that signs would be necessary --- and I do mean necessary.



Because we live in the outskirts of nowhere and this wedding is in the true middle of nowhere. Turn off the main road - side road -- then side road -- then this road turns to dirt --- that kind of middle of nowhere.

Well, I don't really have the woodworking skills to make these. But I am an expert in gathering things. A serious collector (HOARDER) of stuff and I just happened to have.


That short picket fencing leaned against the barn. The Father of the Bride brought that home when his good friend Megan moved away. So it got repurposed.



With me describing my ideas and him FINALLY understanding what I was saying, he took the pickets off  the stringer and aligned them close together.

Some with three boards - others with different counts.

Then over the weekend, I taped off the edges.

All the way around ----



Then broke out my chalkboard paint (left over from the desk project) Then I painted the signs with two coats of chalkboard paint.

Peel off the tape.....


And we have our version of chalkboard directional signs for the Wedding in the middle of nowhere.

Coolest part of this project.

FREE -------


No comments: