Thursday, August 30, 2012

a little light work.....

 I thought the title was cute.

I've been hunkered down on one of the showpiece items for the wedding. Actually the "centerpiece of the altar" I think.

That danged beaded candolier.

I am making some serious progress.

And I have cleaned and cleaned and not got the area where more than one person can work.

Last night as I sat down to do more work I looked and thought about how pretty all the jars and pearls looked just sitting there on the dining room table. So I captured that moment.

I'm wondering about making a blurb book of these behind the scenes images. Is that something we might enjoy having later?





Mind you -- this is a seriously cropped image -- that's to protect the identity of the dog -- just kidding.  It is a serious mess all around this area.

I worked on drapey things on the candolier late late again last night. I've been through some tough things at the beginning of the year and was not able to focus, but since the beach trip, I have been able to get in the creation zone. Serious zone. This is a good thing. 

I also started working on the dangly bits. 

I'm not happy with those yet, but it is a start. 


I thought this was a very neat view through the light fixture at one of the drops.

What am I going to do with this lovely candolier once this wedding is over???????

The best part of last night's progress was the response that the bride-to-be text me after I sent her a picture last night ----

she sent back one word --- PRETTY!

If she likes it, the effort will be completely worth it.

Goal -- to finish this baby this weekend so the Crusty Old Guy can build the arbor.

Have a great day.



No comments: