Wednesday, July 25, 2012

MaggieGrace returns

She's back and it feels good. I don't know if I have shared the news here, but College Girl is now a Grad Student and is well into planning a huge event for herself in December.

College Girl will become Married Girl on December 15 this year.

We are well into a whole bunch of DIY wedding details.

The outtake below is from the day of the save the date photo shoot. Yes I am standing there to hold the danged chandelier out of the shot. This was made on my front porch and you may be wondering about the reason I happen to have a 12 arm light hanging there.



Here is why. College Girl pinned this image and wants a blinged candolier at the altar. We are trying to duplicate this idea "on the cheap" because that's how we roll. Enter Crusty Old Guy and the Habitat ReStore. He found the fixture in the picture above for 20 bucks.






Enter Mom and tools and spray paint.  I took the fixture apart (note to self  *** shoulda took reassembly notes) and stripped all the wiring out of it. I can tear ANYTHING up. I draped the drop cloths over the front porch steps and proceeded to start spray painting things white.




I sent these cute little images to College Girl showing here the progress I was making. The one below is the top without the hanging chain. The plan is pearls, crystals and rhinestones to be glued, hooked and draped from it.




Now remember that note to self from up yonder. Last night, bootcamp workout outside in 98degree weather then I go home still sweaty and gross and decide its time to put the fixture back together. I sit down on the steps and (fighting gnats) start to put this monster back together. It's still 95 degrees and about 90% humidity (welcome to july in georgia). I get all twelve arms together and aligned correctly.

Now look at the little text bubble in this picture.




See that cereal bowl sized piece on the bottom? See the swirl pieces that curve around it? I have all twelve arms on this monster at this point. I pick up the little bowl shaped piece and discover that it has to go on before ANY of those arms go on. At that very moment I was not a genteel southern lady at all (DAMMIT - THOSE OF YOU WHO REALLY KNOW THAT I AM NEVER ONE OF THOSE,,, QUIT LAUGHING) There was much cussing and stomping and slinging of arms as I took the whole damned thing back apart to put this together correctly this time.

I have not added all the candle cup things back on it, that is tonight's part of the project. Then it gets to hang there for a week while I go wiggle my toes in the sand.

Every little groove will get tiny seed pearl strings glued on. I'll be drilling holes for dangly bits with my handy dandy dremel tool.

I can see it in my mind. Maybe it will turn out the way I am imagining.

Much love.

Teresa

No comments: