Monday, April 09, 2012

The Color Run

In summer of 2009,  I decided to get healthy - I started exercising - Suddenly, I found myself signing up to participate in a 5K run - On April 8, 2010 I was diagnosed with renal cell carcinoma and lost my left kidney - I missed that very first 5K because of the surgery - That has not stopped me - I have 6 5K runs behind me and many more to go......

I GUESS THAT MAKES ME SORT OF A RUNNER.

I NO LONGER HAVE CANCER. I DO HAVE A BEAUTIFUL LIFE.

Today's post is all about an incredibly fun run.


Saturday was the day. The Color Run at Atlanta Motor Speedway. there were three of us, College Girl, her boyfriend and me.

Not a timed run - just a fundraising run. But boy was it a popular event.

We arrived early, but it still took almost 30 minutes to get into the facility, park, and walk to the start line.



At this point we are clean. FYI -- just in case you don't know me, I'm the fat one on the right.




There were about 1500 people in front of us. We were the first line of the second group of 1500.



The crowd behind us was enormous as well.


Clowning around was the theme of the day.


I got a picture from the side of the first color zone.


There were built in recovery breaks as the participants waited to go through the color zones.


In the pink......


College Girl and the Boy.


I'm still the fat one on the right.


Sorry - blogger wants to go back to the original orientation on the pictures.


Covered -- even in my ears.


I still have a few spots of color on me.


Even I was surprised at how wonderful this picture of the finish line celebration turned out.


These feet --- shoe shots are a family tradition.



After all is said and done -- they clean you up a little bit.


It was a great fun day --- now I'm the fat one on the left.


Yes - I  - will - definitely - do - this - one - again.

Thanks Molly and Ben for going too.

No comments: