Monday, January 23, 2012

Inspired by a pin....

Ok - I never really got into the Facebook games. Not a big fan of WII games. Online Poker - nope.  But I have found a serious way to waste time on the internet. It is the creative girls' version of internet P O R N. And its called PINTEREST.  Uh - huh.

My College Girl has one too and she requested a cowl -

Well via text and pins and email and facebook - we discovered this pin.......


I read the pattern and read the pattern then I bought yarn --- On sale at hobby lobby (this week Hancock Fabrics has Lion Brand on sale for 30% off)

I crocheted this adaptation in two evenings about three hours of work. I did mine in all double crochet. In a rich chocolate brown and very bulky yarn.

Then I dug in my stash for buttons......


 Here they all are laying on the sofa. I definitely had a preference for me. Those to the far right are vintage bakelite buttons from The Man's Grandmother's stash. (I have stuff from a long line of hoarders - just saying.)

But the College Girl has her own ideas.  and....


These golden ones won in her mind. I sewed them on and tried this lovely on myself......



With buttoning and twisting you can vary the way this fits on so many ways. Personally I would wear it most often like this. I tend to wear my jackets open in front and this is so freaking warm. but you can twist it up to fit closer to the original picture. I am loving this so very very much.

For the record - the College Girl was a bit ambivalent about it when she saw it. However - this will not be a wasted project at all --- if she decides she not likey --- I DO.

Last but not least if you want to have a look see at my pinterest boards -- traipse off over here. But you cannot say you have not been adequately warned - major time wasting possibilities exist on this site.

Love......

No comments: