Wednesday, October 26, 2011

yea - that's the good stuff

I posted on using the good stuff just a few days ago. I am diligently taking my own advice, although at times that damned HOARDER DEMON gets a new tactic going. I found myself chanting "use the good stuff" over and over last night.

I am in serious crunch mode on this art show, but I wanted to share two of my favorites from last night. I edited these in picnik and added some notes on the first one.




That copper toned metallic paper facinated me from the beginning. I really have control issues in a true scrapbooking store - you know - ones that have the individual sheet of paper in row after row of racks. This paper has a brushed finish appearance and I bought one sheet ------ used it.

Responsive reading 15 - cut from the back of a hymnal - now this is not hard for me to use because I have gathered several hymnals from thrift stores. I readily cut these.

I thrifted a stunning little bedside clock for next to nothing. Brass framed and this brushed metal face. I took it apart and knowing there would not be another one in my near future - glued that baby on. (there was an audible groan)

Then the picture. This one and the next one came from MaryAnn's etsy shop. Go on over there she finds the coolest stuff. I bought a pack of pictures from her to use in my artwork and then I have a problem using them. I do not know these people. I have no sentimental attachment to the subject. So I took a deep breath and a glue stick and, as the Crusty Old Plumber would say, "here we go."

I do hope you like these.


I do all of you are having a wonderful week.

Much love --- T

No comments: