Thursday, July 28, 2011

a newly started old project.

Good morning. This post is a bit of a scary post. See, I have lived in the house where I live for 20 years. I know this project has been in the project pile for longer than that, because I moved the item from the last place I lived.

Guilty as charged --

I got stuff. I got junk. I got a mess. I was coleecting and collecting and collecting stuff all these years with all the intentions of "fixing it" to use or to sell. What I have come to realize is that I am "damn near" being a diagnosed hoarder. There are reasons for this - and a large part is still being uncovered.

Anyways. Big blessings - lead to big truths - and this has led to the realization that my Give a damn circuits have been broken for a long long time.

But enough. Now I am embarrassed to admit this - I need to get a move on in clearing out the junk that symbolizes these issues.

Basically - things stacked up in the universe and my Give a Damn has been extensively serviced and is dang near in full operation again.

In the last two weeks - I gave away a piano that I have hated, did not want, nor did I have any emotional attachment to. It needed thousands of dollars worth of work, which I can't do myself nor afford to have done.  But my grandmother (now deceased) arranged this to come into my house and I just kept hanging on to it for those reasons. PIANO NOW GONE.

I sold a car - the wind up car that left Softball Princess stranded.

I arranged for our boat to go stay with my brother in law. He can piddle with fixing it back up. Maybe even The Man can go play with his bro since there is going to be a huge void in his life very soon.

I dragged a table off the porch and scrubbed it in preparation for painting.

And I tackled this 20 year old project.

A sewing stand.......

Sorry about the pictures - cell phone snaps - I was on a roll and I was afraid to lose that by going after the camera.

Made of cedar - with a fabric backing. I think there were about 30,000 tacks and staples in it.
Lest you think the picture quality is really that bad, let me assure you this, when I touched this fabric it was so rotten that it crumbled on touch. It was a dirty - dusty - nasty step to the project.

The inside has these pockets. I saved these panels for a pattern but they are lying on the porch - not taking this nasty mess inside.


No idea why this is so tiny - I have all the tacks and staples out now. I'll scrub and sand and repair some issues in the wood. Then - shhh, don't tell the wood lovers about this but - I'm painting this and adding new panels to it. God knows I have fabric.

maybe it will look something like these when I finish it.



I do hope you all have a wonderful day.

No comments: