Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Living - loving - life

MaggieGrace has had the flu......

It was a drag.......

But on Saturday, I felt like getting out and about with her.....


Sorry - he kinda comes with the package. I looked hard for a picture that didn't include him. Oh well -- he's a nice kid and he's housebroken too.

The pretty girl in the picture is College Girl. She wants to make a formal dress. We ventured out to look for fabric. My mama joined us. It was a load of fun.

We went here.....



AllAboutFabrics in Williamston, SC. Google it. They have a nice website. It is open to the public once a month. Well worth the trip.


This place is huge. These people are wonderful. Knowledgeable. Friendly. Helpful.
College Girl knew what she wanted. We just had to find it.
She is funny. Like me. When I go to any fabric store, I HAVE TO TOUCH THE FABRICS.
She does it too.


There was lace. Lots of lace.



And bolt after bolt of fabric. We touched it and compared drape. We looked at colors. We loaded things in our cart and debated. We took fabric back and got more. Trims too. Hours we spent.
Steel grey with a black lace overlay and a bodice that Mom is gonna have to figure out somehow.
Enough fabric for that boy's mom to make a vest and tie from.

There is no red in the lace - funky lighting.
I''ll keep you updated on the project.

No comments: