Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Dalton Baby Blanket Finished

But first you gotta go back in time with me. Does anyone remember the pink and yellow popsicle twins from maybe the 70's of 80's? The flavor was either strawberry/banana or cherry/banana. They were my favorites - haven't seen them in years.

That question has absolutely not one thing to do with this post. Other than the fact that the second I started crocheting this yarn, I felt a craving for one of those dang popsicles. I love the colors in this granny blanket and they reminded me of those sweet frozen treats.


This has been a sofa project - by the fire - late at night. I have had to fight the monster dog continually over this, because snatching my ball of yarn is one of her favorite things to do. I haven't worried too much about having the dog near this one because theres a doggie in this new baby's house.

Tonight, I'll weave in and wash and dry - then package this one up and send it on its way.


I did a double scallop edging on this one. Love this edge. May have to do some pillow cases with that edging.


Another thing that has nothing to do with this post. College Girl is away in school in the foothills of the mountains. She got more snow that we did and got out for a photo session on her own. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this picture. Completely unedited and yet the colors are so gorgeous to me. She looks so pretty here. Especially the profile view of her eyes and eyelashes. Is that a strange detail to be so excited about? I'll be printing this one to frame.
Ya'll have a wonderful day - I'll be sitting in the cold tonight at a soccer game.

No comments: