Tuesday, January 12, 2010

sketchy ...

image above from Sarah Lugg.

(Please - if you know who's image this is, please let me know so I can give full credit.)

Sounds like a bad thing. It is not.




I often sketch ideas - layouts - etc. Here's the latest one.




I have invited 3 friends to my house for a crafty afternoon in February. Karla has posted about this kind of thing. Also, I kinda want a day just to play myself. This is gonna be really informal. I asked them to bring snackies - I am making veggie beef soup and grilled cheese sandwiches. We are going to do tag collages. I love Sarah Lugg's work (see above) and have collected images of tag collages from many sources. I love to work in paper and since I am the hostess with the mostess for this little gathering, that will be our medium.
I am also opening my studio stash to my friends, a way to clear out a few things and maybe help with some hoarding issues that we all know I have.
I am die cutting each of my buddies 25 tags and I have told them to think about what they will do that day.
I most likely will not get much creating done myself, so my collage will be the "sample" for the afternoon. (I will be making a smaller one that day for myself. )
Anyway - here is my sketch for the sample collage. My friends are not "paper" creators per se, so I'll be doing a series of posts about the process as we go. It will also help me (and them) get their ideas and material together. I can't wait to see what they come up with.



Have a wonderful day all.

No comments: