Friday, January 08, 2010

Enhancing a stereotype

They announced school closings the day before.

The following article was published in a local newpaper early this week.



And so it was on. I went to the grocery store on Wednesday evening to pick up goodies for the College Girls dorm room snacks. As posted yesterday - there was no bread or milk in the store - so apparently said store in the above article was not as well prepared as indicated.

Yesterday - late afternoon - the sky started spitting snow flurries. No serious snow - just a few flakes you had to look really hard to see. Local news spent hours detailing the event. The weather channel -had people posted all over the area for updates. School and business closings were being announced over the airwaves and posted in the bulletin strip at the bottom of the tv screen.

Oh shit - maybe I shoulda bought bread. (not even)

Well - this pix was taken this morning before daylight in my driveway. Yes it was cold - 21 degrees F - but that was the same as yesterday morning. Unfortunately -- I had to go to work.

You got it -- once again the stereotypical southerner has rushed out and brought extra bread and milk for the BIG SNOW EVENT. The amount of snow in my front yard did not even make it to the zero mark on the wooden ruler I was trying to measure with.

Friends and neighbors, I'm available for a sandwich supper if you have lots of excess bread in your homes (betting you do).

NOTE TO MY NORTHERN FRIENDS - I did not run out and purchase extra food for the event. I am smart enought to know that this is Georgia and the longest I might be "snowed in" is say ---- 6 hours. But the Softball Princess did enjoy sleeping in this morning since they called off school yesterday.

YES - LAUGHTER AND POKING FUN IN THE COMMENTS IS ALLOWED.

Have a wonderful day.

No comments: