Monday, November 30, 2009

Christmas is coming......

If you are stopping by from the Online Athens newspaper article link, welcome to MaggieGrace world. Comments are open to all and very appreciated, but please leave at least your name and email information so that I know you came by. If you have questions, the comments section is a great place for that as well. The blogspot site emails me all the comments, so I'll know you left one for me. Again -- welcome all and have a wonderful day.

I do not shop on Black Friday. Used to. As I have aged, I got smarter, so I let all the other crazy people have that fun. Besides - we are having a very low key Christmas in our world. Many of our gatherings will not involove gifts at all, just being together. A focus on what is good in our lives.

But I did have Friday off. I slept in a little. Then I had all day to clean in MaggieGrace world. I have been rearranging and digging through the pile of things I had gathered over time. So, right now, the studio is clean.



After putting away a significant amount of stuff, I decided to work on this wall. Actually, I took this after I started, when I began this project, the entire space above the scissors and picture of the girl was unused.

I added the literature racks that I saved from the dumpster at work.

Mounted the locker basket and the little white wicker drawers.


After rearranging the assorted hooks and racks, I arrived here. Then I altered some clipboards. I love how this new arrangement works. My frequently used things are close by and up off the counter out of my way, but still where I can get to them readily.

All that work getting ready for the art show allowed me to assess what my needs were for material and tool storage. I am sure this will continue to morph, but for right now, I am a hapy camper.

Speaking of clip boards........


Come back tomorrow for a tutorial on how to do these.

This is not a quickie creation, but it is simple. Most of the time is taken up by the drying time.

Have a wonderful afternoon.

No comments: