Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Tiny Dancer

The official listed name is "The Whole World is her Stage." She is approximately 7 inches tall. Yes she's a silhouette. She's not scary (oops it's a Halloween show). She's not creepy (oops again). But I am taking her to the gallery today at lunch.


Her base is a star inlaid with a portion of a world map. You have seen bits of her being put together all along.


The backside - Composers, musicians from a world almanac.

I finished assembling her last night. When I did and took a look at her - I decided not to put her in the jar I purchased just for her. Oh well. Vintage cancelled postage stamps representing many countries make her up. I still love the orange floral one at her waist. I also love the head on the one near her face. That is an Italian stamp and she just looks like a dancer.



When I finished her. I knew I had nailed what I was going for. My heart beat faster. She takes my breath away.


Is it okay to fall hopelessly head over heels in love with a piece of your own art? Hope so. If she doesn't sell, I have a glass front cabinet that was my grandmother's and that can be her home.


Have a wonderful day.


Sorry about the image quality. I left my camera at home and captured these with the webcam at work. Tim and Jennifer will take better pix of her at the gallery.


3 comments:

Julie Ann said...

Ohhhhh! She is just gorgeous!!! You'd better take more pictures of her because I just KNOW someone is going to purchase her! What a beautiful idea :)

Carrie said...

So lovely! It's so wonderful when you can take an image in your head and bring it to life.

Jennifer said...

I love her.
I love all the colors in her.
And I love her in AND out of the jar!

Yes, we'll get a shot of her before she leaves the gallery.