Friday, October 09, 2009

Friday --- thank the good Lord

Softball Princess team won yesterday. 5-0 over Loganville High School. They play at 2pm today for the region championship against Appalachee High School.

I have a migraine this morning - another headache - since mine are triggered by changes in barometric pressure all of the rain we are getting in the southeast of late is killing me. I am irritable and just plain bitchy, because I am tired of having said headaches.

To answer Carrie's softball question -- yes Abby can be an easy out. She hits the ball and puts in play effortlessly, but more than likely the ball will be an infield playable ball. AKA --- easy out.

And no -- this collage is not a dragon fly.


I came home last night and trimmed it. I sat in the red recliner with my small cutting board and an Xacto knife and carefully trimmed. All of this is collaged on a piece of lightweight cardboard. Heavier than cardstock, but still easily trimmed.

Here is what emerged.

"All the world's her stage."


I love it when the idea in my mind actually ends up looking exactly as pictured. She is laying on a book and the little bit of gold at her waist is on the book cover, not part of her. The back will be covered with a page of awarding winning performers from all over the world. I found that list in a thrifted world almanac.


I'll get her assembled this weekend and then try to find an affordable clear glass container to put her in.


Have a wonderful weekend - after ball today maybe we will be home some this weekend.


So what cha think about a silhouette of a dancer representing a word meaning "almost shadow"?

5 comments:

Lannae Johnson said...

Absolutely stunning!!!

Carrie said...

She's lovely!

Julie Ann said...

Sorry you're still having migraines!!! I don't know how you can still function while having them...

I just love your dancer! What a gorgeous piece that will be!

Tipper said...

Oh I love the dancer-I think she could even be a clogger : )

Hope your headaches go away soon!

Raesha D said...

She's gorgeous!!!!