Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Biggest Loser Fans????

Me - never watched it before this season. Sure I was aware of it, but did not seem like something I would be interested in. See, I was a fat girl. Why would I subject myself to a show with such a controlled situation for weight loss? I thought I would find it frustrating not motivating at all. I am in the real world with a weight problem. Leaving my family, and my job, to focus on weight loss is just not an option.

I live in reality. I get up every morning and go to work. I sit at a desk most of the day. I eat out or take my lunch. My children play sports, so after work is dedicated to being the mommy. More eating out, because either we are late and away from home - or I didn't get to the grocery store. Then there is the housework, shopping, laundry, etc. There ain't no trainer - or chef to take care of those details and push me. My mother lives alone and is slightly weak because of a stroke a few years back. To check on her takes time. Time for me --- about 38 seconds just before I go to bed at night.

Yes I craft, squeezed into a few minutes here and there. Most of my creative energy has been spent at a ball field where I can crochet between batters or at the change of an inning. Or the rotation of the serves on a volleyball court.

No, leaving home for a weightloss focus -- not in the cards and we won't even talk about the economics.

Besides - I could convince myself I just wasn't that big. Go there with me, OKAY?

Then Molly went to college and I suffered chest pains. Stress related angina - start on BP meds. Take time to do something just for myself - docs orders. So I went on an art retreat. When the photos were posted - there was no denying it any more - FAT. In my brain, that something clicked. It was time. I said it outloud to the Universe and here I am - 32 pounds lighter - seriously stronger - more stamina than I have had in years. Boot camp - other exercise - eating right - plain hard work and determination. Many tears of frustration and demons surfacing that I have dealt with as the occurred.

I started watching when this new season started. Abby was my favorite from the get go. For her - it was not just about the money - not about just losing weight. For her, it was about living again. When she and Jillian had their conversation last night about losing everything, I was right there on my sofa (eating no salt no butter popcorn) blubbering along with her. Lucky for me - the dog can't comment here about how pitiful that sight was.



Abby - you have inspired many to pick up and go on. While I cannot imagine losing everyone ( a mother's biggest fear), I can hear your message to choose to live again. I watched and saw your eyes light up as you came back to life. I saw how deep you had to dig to claw your way out of the abyss. I saw you succeed in being "in the moment" fully feeling again. I wish you all your new dreams. You are beautiful - you are magnificent - you are inspiring.

IN MY OPINION, ABBY ---- YOU WON THE BIG PRIZE even if you went home early.

Will I keep watching? Most likely, but now because I am searching for tips and tricks that I can apply to my reality and help with my weight loss and healthy lifestyle pursuits.

PS I also want to see one"two faced bitch" go home.

Have a wonderful day.

1 comment:

Very Mary said...

Oddly enough, I've watched every season except this one. I just couldn't handle the cut-throat drama anymore. Mostly, I'm proud of you!