Monday, September 28, 2009

Days 25,26,27

I got pictures completely non related to MaggieGrace work. It continues, but there was so much more beauty to my life this weekend. So this is a beautiful life celebration post.

A dog crate is a beautiful thing. Poca ate the corner off my red leather recliner one day last week, so a crate became a priority. We found a used one to buy for a great price. Brought it home and put her in it - she took to the idea effortlessly. We call it her "room" and treat her when she cooperates with the process. Other people have told us this was the way to go, but I am still amazed.

We also visited with my inlaws on Saturday. Veggie soup -- yummy -- try adding a small jalapeno pepper to your personal soup recipe, just enough spice to warm it up nicely.

We talked to Grandmother and Granddaddy about a family history project that Softball Princess is working on for school. Just wait - we got a cool post later in the week about a wedding reception.


Have you ever gone and cut muscadines - the smell of ripe and fermenting overripe grapes is heady. Granddaddy is a man of fairly few words. We went to the grapevines and cut some. He showed me how to cut bunches and presort the over ripe ones before adding them to my bucket. Ask him about his garden and orchards and he is full of information.

He certainly looks many years younger than he is. I was happy and enjoying the time with him (in the drizzle) cutting these berries. We cut two gallons that I brought home, washed and dried. I don't make jelly, we just bring home jars made by Grandmother from their house.

Look at these loaded vines. Certainly looks like fall here.


Golden - sweet - yummy. We will eat these for days. Just grabbing a few off the counter.


Okay - subject change here.


When I decided to build MaggieGraceWorld, one of my definites on the wish list was that it feel welcoming to anyone who wanted to come and spend time there. Softball Princess is working on that family history project and also had to make a poster for the MCHS Softball Senior Night. She invited her friend Cortney to come over and work on the poster. They spent the entire afternoon in the studio working.


Look... two beautiful girls.
MaggieGraceWorld has become everything I hoped it would. They were happy and comfy there. The music was a little (okay - a lot) different than I would have chosen, the topics being discussed a generation apart. But this little section of my world is just about perfect. I left and went to the grocery store; on the way I thought about how my home and studio has expanded to fit my family and their friends. The same way our hearts expand to fit those same people.


My house is not fancy, nor is my studio. Neither is huge. But it doesn't matter. My heart and home and life have the ability to stretch and grow and welcome those we love. I am so glad to have every one of these "real world" people in my life, just as I am so glad to have my friends here.


No matter what, I recognize and I praise God for the fact that I DO HAVE A BEAUTIFUL LIFE. I am so so blessed.


Have a wonderful day.

3 comments:

Julie Ann said...

Such a sweet and inspiring post! And I just love the way you worded it "I thought about how my home and studio has expanded to fit my family and their friends. The same way our hearts expand to fit those same people." You've made my heart smile today :)

Tipper said...

Looks like a good weekend! I'm glad you have a beautiful life!

Lannae Johnson said...

Great (and mouthwatering!) post! You know, Burke and I picked muscadines just minutes before we got engaged...I just love them!