Monday, September 21, 2009

Day 18, 19, 20

It is amazing how much I can get done when I challenge myself. The south has been soaked in - we have had 11.5 inches of rain at my house since last Tuesday. It was a college football weekend too. I got a good bit done in the studio. Even more important - I got some housework done. Poca - monster dog - it a bit nutty from being cooped up inside - actually all of us are.

Anyway - these are out of order, but I am not fighting blogger today - Just going with it.

I often carry handfuls of crap into a ballgame. My chair - my craft bag - my purse - a bottle of water - etc. I don't like to put a bottle in my purse or craft bag because of the condensation getting every thing damp. I saw a picture somewhere and clipped it. In the picture, a wonderful little water bottle carrier was sitting on the table. I added the picture to one of my notebooks -

Saturday night dring the Gerogia ballgame - I grabbed a big ball of crochet cotton and proceeded to figure out my own version of a bottle carrier. Crochet - frog - crochet. I finished it last night watching Dirty Dancing. It fits various sized bottles just fine - the one pictured is my normal one. The shoulder strap means handsfree and the cotton absorbs the condensation nicely. I can also hang this from the back of my chair or the hook in the barn. Now to decide if there might be a market for these at all. FEEDBACK HERE PLEASE !!!!!!!!! I may make 5 or 6 and just see.


For my studio time Saturday, I grabbed neutral card stock and simply punched tags. These will be embellished and bundled as gift tags.
These are the last of the journals -- a priate ship inspired one. I particularly like the compass in the hammered copper ring. The little mounting screws are bronzed brads, the copper is a piece of roof flashing that I cut and hammered for texture. After I glued it all down, I filled in the circle of the compass with sepia 3d glass effect. It makes it look like the compass is mounted behind glass. Love that leather look paper and the map too.

I found some bright card blanks in some thing and made a few assorted cards.


This journal is what I made for the College Girl. Simple - not over embellished. This is definitely the look I readily make.

Another journal -inspired by the car bingo game piece. The word is colored with pens on a scrapbook paper that came in a color-your-own kit.

This one has a story. It started out being something completely different, but I screwed up and messed the background paper up, thus forcing me to regroup. When I went digging in the stash, I found the postcard and went from there. The shell was a trick to adhere - thank you E6000. In all honesty, I like this a lot better than the original idea anyway.

Lannae is posting "press blurbs" on the Artist Market blog. I think mine needs to include the phrase One of a kind wares defined by the materials available. Recycled, repurposed, mixed media designs.


I can guarantee that I don't do assembly line crafts at all. I get too freakin" bored.


Boot camp tonight - then time in the studio - I think it will be a night for cheese quesadillas and salsa for dinner. (Yes they fall within my weight watchers points).


Have a wonderful day -- and remember - you have a beautiful life too.

4 comments:

Darla said...

Ingenious water bottle holder. I vote yes on making them for the craft fair.

I'm Nowhere near as productive as you are but I'm plodding along with the challenge.

Darla

Carrie said...

I think there is a market, but I'd make them in color rather than white. wet white cotton = dirty rings.

I love the pirate journal. It's very steampunk-ish

Becky said...

I think the water bottle holder would sell. I started making a throw out of felted (fulled?) wool sweaters. I have been hording the wool forever - it's time to use it.

Julie Ann said...

Definitely think you will have a thing going with the water bottle holder!! Pretty and functional! And they'll be able to use it on the spot...