Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Day 15

MaggieGraceWorld has a mascot. Just look at that face - pretty little mutt. She comes and goes and then when she's tired, she lays on the rug nearby my feet with assorted toys and stuff she drags off the shelf. I like having her close by. She got a bath last night - does not like that process at all, but she does like to be brushed. So I sat on the steps of the kitchen porch and brushed her really well after she dried. I am also the one she comes to for lap snuggling.


I still have not finished the sides of this doorway and this is not the most attractive view of the storage above, but I liked how the pages look hanging for the glue to dry. I glued fragile papers to card stock last night. All of these are to be integrated into other concoctions after the paste dries. That is a piece of an old door hung sideways above the door. Tacks and string make up the drying line.
I also finished another journal last night. A scrapbook paper that looks likes vintage gift wrap - even the creases and discoloration are printed on it. How cute are these little angels. Again my style is restrained - I added little rhinestone "blings" to a few of the stars. The metal word was in a goodie package from someone. Black velvet ribbon and a length of flat back pearl trim finish this one. I found a few more compostion books in the stash and covered them for embellishing as well last night.

I am one pound from my halfway goal - really watching all my food and exercise carefully - so I have been doing a lot of cooking.


Last night's dinner is easy and fairly quick - baked tilapia pockets, rice, and salad. My crew loves it and I can come home get it into the oven and onto their plates in less than an hour. I never cooked fish - okay I never really cooked - until recently. But since I have started cooking - I love it and it has been easy to incorporate my eating needs into really healthy and delicious meals for everyone. New favorites include - the fish pockets and Barefoot Contessa's oven roasted tomatoes on a salad. As I find recipes, I will be sharing them.


I have a beautiful life - and a teen driver. Pray hard and watch carefully for the little blue "wind- up" car with a really pretty redheaded driver.


Have a great day.

2 comments:

Julie Ann said...

Awww! Poca gets cuter every time I see a new pic! I Love love LOVE your journal!!! I might have to come out there to your art show just to have it!!

Carrie said...

I'd like the tilapia pocket recipe please!

Puppers is soo cute. Love the ears.

So, I have a bunch of old accounting paper and odd ball airplane paper for you, if you'd like it. I cleaned out our supply closet at work. If you don't want it, let me know and I'll pitch it.