Monday, August 03, 2009

Monday Monday - weekend bits too

This is for Tiffany. We have goats and donkeys at work. Earl is our miniature donkey - grey, small, with attitude. This is Sugar - she is a rescue and she has been tremendously skittish, even aggressive at times. We have patiently fed her and talked to her and just generally worked on getting her accustomed to being around nice people.

The little boy in the picture is Sam, the son of a customer. He always wants to feed the "doats and the donkeys". This is from this morning, She ate NutterButters right out of Sam's hand. Everyone was excited - she has responded well to all the positive attention. I even got to scratch her nose and ears this morning. She is so sweet (or getting that way).


I was "puny" most of the weekend. Not really sick, I just was not at the top of my game. I did get a few stitches in on this little sampler. I have a plan for this one that involves it staying at my house. So much of my stuff goes to others, so it will be nice to have something of mine at home. It is a kit that came from my MIL and includes the frame. I work a few stitches at night, sitting in my chair and am liking it a lot. It is also relaxing to just sit and stitch.

Now - I have a question. What is your most hated laundry chore? Which one do you put off the most? Apparently mine is mating socks. We just mate them as we need them out of a basket in the laundry room. I also have a big bag of socks with no buddies.


On Saturday, I dumped the basket(s) - yes plural - on my bed and proceeded to mate socks. Despite the looks of these, they are clean, ballfield dirt basically ruins them colorwise, they all look dingy. And ya'll know that we live at the ballfield. I now have a big basket of mated socks, a dated bag of socks with no buddies, and a plan to toss those without buddies if they are still lonely after a month.


I also have a family who understands the blogging thing, because both the Softball Princess and the Man at Our Address took pictures and asked if MaggieGrace would be confessing to this many unmated socks. LOL. They each thought I would be too embarrassed to tell this. NOT.

A sore throat and generally not feeling well, yesterday found me lounging around - watching The Next Food Network Star reruns - and the finale last night. I like Melissa, but I really thought she would lose that last round. Softball Princess thought Jeffrey was creepy - so she was happy with the results.
I hope all of you have a wonderful Monday.

2 comments:

Julie Ann said...

Lol- your family's un-mated sock pile looks like ours!!! I just want to know... Where do the other socks go????!!

Lannae Johnson said...

I'm with the softball princess! Jeffery was too slimy for my taste with all of that winking ;)