Tuesday, July 28, 2009

wow - what spaces

I toured studios and I toured studios - I found great inspiration. Mostly I found highly personal spaces that each and every artist is proud to say is theirs. What fun? I added a few blog feeds to my google reader (a lot of the participants were already there) That was some party.

I did not get MaggieGraceWorld ready on time for the party, but I did walk away with some wonderful ideas. I have printed and saved links and such.

I will show you some of the recent additions to the studio that I am liking.


Being a packrat, I have stacks of tins, obviously some are missing their lids. This is at the ceiling in the barn. I used fender washers and drywall screws to attach some to the trim. These will hold supplies that are not often used. Like floral and metallic ribbons and those ribbons that I have duplicates of. There are also bags of cancelled postage stamps in one of them. I have a folding chair/ladder contraption that I can use to reach these so it is not all that inconvenient to use either. As I stock things into them, I am adding labels to the bottom edge, just to prevent that out of site out of mind thing. Yes, I am out of ceiling tiles - need to buy at least one more box.

Friends, family, fun stuff. All are featured on the design wall. It has become an inspiration board and I love it. 8 feet wide by 7 feet tall - this may be my favorite built in feature here.



How exactly do you take a decent photo of reflective items? I love these side stacking lab bottles. I have about 40 of them and I have sorted buttons, beads and baubles. I still have several more available to fill too. Available space - isn't that a packrat's dream?

This last picture is a favorite detail. I had the raw edge of the wood countertop on my blue cabinet. I looked and looked to decide what to do. Then I went to the dollar store and found packets of cheap wooden school rulers. I think all crafters measure constantly and this may not be the most accurate way, but it sure has been handy. I simply attached them with metal thumbtacks. Confession - this idea is not new - think about cutting tables in fabric stores. Oh and look - yes those are two empty locker baskets retrieved from the trash - empty as of right now - that means more available space for stuff.


So there you have a few more details of my space.


I am persevering on the weight watchers eating plan and workouts. I have been frustrated by the weight loss number, but yesterday I put on a pair of pants that were uncomfortably too big. I traipsed off to the scales to see and I am down 22 pounds. I was pleasantly surprised. Last night found me walking three miles and running/jogging 1.5 miles in intervals. I feel stronger and physically better. My doctors visit on Friday could be interesting - hope he is impressed that I have lost some weight.


Have a great day all ----
I will









3 comments:

Julie Ann said...

CONGRATULATIONS Teresa!!!!! Wow- 22lbs. is a GREAT accomplishment!! And what will power you have- especially sticking with everything despite all the stress you've been under lately! You should celebrate with some Tequila! lol :)

Love the pictures of your studio! I especially love those little slide bottles and your ruler edged desk! Way cute and functional, too! Hope you have a great day :)

Carrie said...

Woot! 22lbs! You go girl! I so wished I lived closer to you. I'd love to be your walking buddy.

Karen Junking in GA said...

Wonderful 22 lbs off gone no more on ya! That is so good .. :) keep up the work good 4 U!!!!!!!!!