Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Trim ........

I wish I was describing myself. My clothes are fitting better. Because of my sisters little escapade, I missed a couple of workouts. I will miss tomorrow night too, because Softball Princess will be 16 tomorrow and we are taking her to dinner. But, I still have gotten a walk in and some major situps and lunges. I continue to eat like I am supposed to as well. I have lost some, it is just not as much as I would like.

Instead, the word trim refers to crochet lace trim. I am piddling with my creations right now. Trying to find my muse again. It will happen, the stress of the last 10 days is just in the way right now.

I have been so inspired by the cuff bracelets I have been seeing. Here's an example of one I like. There have also been some in publications of late too. I thrifted a ball of crochet cotton yesterday and I have been experimenting with some crochet edgings, so I dug out my book and my hook last night and made this trim.


It is a short piece - a little less than 8 inches long. It was enough for me to figure out that I love this trim, easy to make and very pretty. I think it is the jump off item for a cuff.

Tonight may find me working in the studio. I am getting ready for this party. I hope to be able to show all of you the studio about that time. I really like having the space, I just need to finish moving in and arranging things.

Please continue praying for my sister. This morning, she met with the boss of the job she quit by phone last Tuesday and we are all praying that she can withdraw her resignation and go back to work. The entire situation has me almost sick from the stress. I can only imagine what it is like to be in her house and trying to deal with it. She and her husband are trying to work through this like adults as well. It is just an ugly ugly thing. I stay mad, because she will not accept any sort of responsibility for what she has done. (Her latest is that she doesn't "remember" doing all that stuff - he must have drugged her. I am calling BullSh^* on all that)

This does however make the crisis with Molly back in February look mild.

Hope you all have a wonderful day.

2 comments:

Darla said...

Pretty piece of trim. I look forward to seeing your version of a cuff bracelet.

Holding good thoughts for your sister. Holding even stronger thoughts for you.

Darla

Anonymous said...

Just reading through the sister saga and I swear to beans I can replicate that scenario except I had to fly to another country to bring my sister home...Sending prayers and love the charms! Gina