Friday, July 24, 2009

stuff


VBS is done for another year. The closing was wonderful and I want to thank all of those who pulled this off again. I remember as a child thinking that things at church just "magically" happened.

Now I know just how hard the work is to make the "magic" happen.

I love this picture above of the two girls playing. This is another Girl Scout Camp photo and it is clickable.

Now for MaggieGrace to get back on track. This weekend will find me attacking the mountain of laundry. Thanks to the Man at my Address - it is all clean and dry - just piled on the daybed. I also will be completing some clipboards for the art show.

**************************************************************************

About that Art Show. November 14th in and around the Old Danielsville Courthouse. Directions to the venue - find Danielsville, Georgia on a map. The Old Courthouse is in the middle of Hwy 29. Can't miss it.

I agonized over that dang application especially the describe your work section. Lannae has already laughed at me so I'll share what I wrote.

"An array of items in an array of materials from soldered glass pendants to crochet lace and wearables. Recycled and repurposed materials play alongside vintage ephemera and/or new supplies. Look especially for the collaged spoon pendants."

Local Best Friend said he could simplify that statement. His description "artsy fartsy shit". Leave it to a man. LOL.

**************************************************************************

Now fun stuff - I really want to know if any of you have ever done something like this ---- imagine the car next to you in traffic with a lady holding a chewy granola bar in front of the AC vent That was me in my car yesterday and I was trying to salvage the dang thing to be able to eat it after it sat in the sun on the dash all afternoon.

The trailer for Alice in Wonderland is up. Go here to start making your plans for this one. The link for the trailer video is close to the bottom of the article. I'll be there. If anyone in the athens area might be interested in a "girls night" on this one - lets chat.

***************************************************************************

IMPORTANT -FUN EYE CANDY LINK AHEAD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did not get MaggieGraceWorld ready in time - but I am going to the party anyway. As an invited guest instead of a participant. My friend Karen over at My Desert Cottage is having a studio party - so I 'll be touring studios today. Come go with me - you never know you might just be inspired to work on or in your space.

Have a great weekend everyone.

No comments: