Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Rough Night?????


Scanned from my "strangers" photos that I pick up as they strike me. You can save the image for your use if you like. I love the barkcloth curtains and you know she woke up with that chenille pattern pressed into her face. I think this was in her room because that is her picture on the bookshelf to the left of the bed.

We did not have a bad night at VBS. We made wind up whistlers in our craft class. They took about 30 seconds to make, but figuring out how to wind them and make them whistle - different story. My favorite part of teaching kids is the look on their face when they "get it". It took a while last night, but they finally (all but one) did successfully make the things whistle. Parents will be unhappy I am sure. Two nights down - three to go.

Since MaggieGrace is a little busy this week - there will be more scanned images.

A little update on my sisters escapade. My mother has an angel and a daughter - I AM NOT THE ANGEL. Me and a good friend actually joked about me getting my halo polished a little by my mom after this. Not even - but oh well. Let me point out to everyone my philosophy on life.

My life as it is right now is a product of the decisions I have made.

Yes - unfortunate things have occured - my Dad died, I had cancer, etc- but how you face those challenges is a part of happiness and satisfaction (or unhappiness, jealousy and dissatifaction). There are things I wish were different, there are decisions that I look back on and think I could have handled differently, but again - my life as it is now is a product of the decisions I have made. I can't blame anyone else for who I am or how I feel. I look now at others whose have bigger homes, newer cars, even lots more money and I really am not affected by lusting for their things. This is a good place to be. I really do love my life.

Think about it. There are too many blessings that you could miss if you are constantly feeling like somebody else is more blessed than you are. If you focus on recognizing your blessings, you will very soon see just how rich your life is.

Please share a blessing (large or tiny) with me today. You will enjoy finding one and I will enjoy hearing about it. Then what we will have is actually a double blessing.

Have a wonderful day.

4 comments:

Lannae Johnson said...

love the picture! our friendship...definitely a blessing.

Raesha D said...

My blessing for today is forgiveness - I said something very spiteful and uncalled for to hubby last night. Today I humbly asked for forgiveness from him and it was lovingly granted.

Darla said...

I have many blessings but the one that keeps on giving me joy is our Granddaughter.

Darla

Carrie said...

I am blessed with a beautiful baby who's face lights up when she sees me.