Thursday, July 23, 2009

Laid on my heart to say.....

Another of my "stranger" pictures. I have found out that this was made at a Girl Scout camp in the foothills area of North GA.

This is not a sermon - I just feel like this needs to be written down and since I treat this as an online journal for myself as well as a craft blog, here is where I am recording it.

Last night was night 4 - tonight is the last night of VBS. Have we made a difference in anyones lives? Well last night something happened that made a difference in mine. I pray for people in our church. Don't really even think about it, it is just what we do. I consider that prayer effective and necessary. I pray for my family. My friends. Strangers even (if the prompt is given to me).

I am not one of those "holier than thou" people. I have a faith statement but refuse to push it on others and I am so far from perfect that even I shake my head at times at some things I have done.

Last night I was have a conversation with one of the VBS workers and as we finished and this person was leaving, I felt the urge to wrap my arms around this person and lift a prayer WITH them - thanksgivings to God - a request for strength - a request for peace - and for reminders that we make a difference with what we do. That simple 5 sentence prayer affected me and this person and the results were immediate, soul feeding, and more than likely long-lasting.

For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them. Matthew 18:20

Now - I'll be stepping down from the pulpit. Just remember - it is just as important to pray WITH people as it is to pray FOR people.

Have a wonderful day.

1 comment:

Sherry Williams said...

You are such a dear person, Teresa & I am certain God will bless you for your prayers for others. Thanks for this inspirational post!
Hugs,
Sherry