Monday, July 13, 2009

Images for You

On Saturday, I was at my local hardware store looking for something old fashioned (aka wierd to places like Home Depot and Lowes). Steve has the coolest stuff and the store has a secret treasure as well. Upstairs contains an antiques sales floor. Steve's wife, Carol, collects stuff and resales a lot of it - very reasonably.

I did not find what I was seeking, but I did dig through a box of photographs. These were from an estate in the Gainesville, GA area. I grabbed a few. It struck me to share these two this morning.


This is labeled Anne 6 mos. She looks like such a happy baby. I fell head over heels for those crochet stockings.

This is another picture labeled Anne (1936) from the same box. She grew up to be a beautiful young woman. The hand tinting is exquisite.

You may have these for your use - by right clicking them. I scanned and cropped but did not color correct these at all.

Other things this weekend.

1. I worked in MaggieGrace world. A lot. I have 5 bags of magazines for the recycling bin. I whittled 5 boxes down to one box. I finished the front edge of my countertops. I have 10 more days before the Where Women Create Virtual Studio Tour.

2. This made me so very happy. We went to a local BarBQue place to eat on Saturday night. They were having a kareoke night. I love to watch people perform - actually I love to participate myself. One of the guys sang "thank you for giving to the Lord." He could sing. What made me happy wasn't that though - every chorus - 98% of the people in this very full restaurant joined in and sang along. What a wonderful atmosphere.

3. The painter will be ready to paint in the next few days. He has sanded the outside of the house - good grief at the dust. I have quit dusting in the house for the time being. It was just a complete waste. I imagined my house to have always been white, but in sanding and prepping it he found a layer of bright yellow paint. Not going back there - it will be white.

4. We have owned a boat for many years. For the last several we have not used it at all - the lake levels were too low and it was just too dangerous. The Man at my Address decided this weekend that it need to be completely redone. I'm good with this - the Softball Princess will be needing him less and less - she will be driving in about three weeks. I have worried about this - what he was going to do. So this will be his "pet project". I glad he has something to do. Wonder how much this is going to involve me?

I hope all of you have a wonderful day.




No comments: