Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Beautiful - Lovely - Angelic

Photo lifted from the ArtbyNatalya blog.

I found out about Natalya Aikens in a magazine article. The article referenced a website and I followed all the links and dicovered that she blogs about the process of her art. It is a beautiful site and blog. I immediately added her to my Google Reader subscriptions. Her "window" series of art quilts are stunningly beautiful. Please go see her, it is well worth the trip.

The above angel is an art doll from her latest post. I cannot begin to describe how drawn I am to this doll. Simple. Elegant. Beautiful. I could go on and on, but you get the idea.

We have completed three of the five days of VBS. Those kids last night continued to talk about those whistlers. That was a very successful craft project.

Last night, Lannae and I were talking about the form required for the art show. Can someone please tell me why I am frozen into inactivity on writing a description of what I do on that form? Why do I struggle so much with the idea that my creations are something that someone will pay money for? I have no problem gifting people with a made by Teresa item, but this is a huge stumbling block. I even went so far as to suggest to Lannae that she could write my "blurb" for me. Oh well - this is my issue - I'll figure it out.

I hope each and everyone of you has a day filled with blessings. I have been blessed with "crazies" for two days at work. I am not even frustrated - its even become so absurd that we get the giggles about it. (And draw straws to see who will take the next phone call)

See you tomorrow.

3 comments:

Carrie said...

I want to know when your show is....I want to go see it. I'll bring Liv out to play.

Julie Ann said...

This doll is gorgeous!! You have great taste! :) Good luck with your craft show form- I can just imagine how intimidating that describe-your-work portion of the form is! But once you write it, you can use it over and over again :)

Karen at Junking in Georgia 2009 said...

I think perhaps it would help to pretend you are talking about your work to a friend who lives far away and has never seen your work.. she is interested and supportive and wants to lean as much about it she can.. and yes, it is good enough to pay for people will want it and they will pay you for it..