Wednesday, June 17, 2009

It's my Party.....


One of the icebreaker questions we covered at the En Le Jardin workshop was "what is your blog name and would you change it." My answer, was that No, I would not change my blog name.

MaggieGraceCreates is my alter ego. She's my muse. I am comfortable with her. I like her. I love her. She is me and I am her. I am not promoting a business here. This is a personal blog. I do not have a plan. I share things with you as if you and I are sitting down and having a meal or a few margaritas together.

I get very few negative comments and emails from here. I reserve the right to delete them if I am offended. It's my party.... You are invited as long as you want to play nice... You start badmouthing anything or anyone here and I am apt to tell you to get lost.... The problem is that often you hide behind the anonymous name... Back to the post ---- this is not a rant.

I went through some old posts this morning and I want to point you in the direction of some old favorites with explanations of why I like them.

Stroll through the memories if you choose.

I posted this list of things specifically for my girls. Every line is still appropriate.

I answered a few questions here about my ideas on blogging. I still get teased at work about being a skinny dipping bohemian.

I found a way to build myself a studio. Those posts are sprinkled through the last three years but the beginning is here. I have no debt in that project. MaggieGraceWorld is so satisfying to me. It is not this polished and chic studio, but it is mine.

The top of this chest still looks exactly like this. Damn -- that hurt.

I challenged myself. I have learned to quilt. Iwrote a tutorial. I wrote poetry for the first time in many years. I learned to solder. I submitted art to a magazine.

I vented. I asked for prayer. I have poured out my heart.

I even confessed to helping my child "cheat" on homework.

I have shared what a special friend is to me.

I have shared things about my children that you never really asked for. Sorry.

I shared advice that I found for women and daughters.

I proudly proclaim that I am a tequila drinker. I even told where the beer bottles live after they are empty.

However my favorite post ever was about one but really could apply to both my girls.

You may not always find what you think you will here. But you will find me - gritty - down to earth - sharing life as I see it happening. It was fun to go back through all the posts and see where I have been and how much I have grown.

We will talk about life. Faith. Friends. Family. I'll share inspirations. We will chat like old friends and get to know each other. I glad to call you all my friends. I won't deliberately hurt anyone here, but I also will not apologize if the truth is painful at times. This is my blog for all the different parts of my life - the good, the bad, the beautiful, the ugly. I hope you enjoy my company.

I thank you all for coming back again and again. Please comment today and just let me know you were here. If you do link back to the memories and want to comment - leave those here too. I love you all.

6 comments:

ellen said...

I have loved every visit here. Your warmth, honesty and integrity shine through...always. You have my RESPECT for all that you do, that which you create, the balance that you achieve in your life, and your wondrous qualities as a mother to two lovely young women.
I love and appreciate that you have let me catch a glimpse of your life. I am fortunate to have been able to share parts of it, be it long distance. You have my deep respect for the battles that you have fought with dignity and honesty. I'd be proud to sit on your porch with you any day.
Take care and best to you.
With affection, e.
and...p.s. I thank you for the warm support you have offered to me. It has meant a great deal.

Dana said...

I am here :))) I enjoy the things you make, the relationship between you and your girls. I have two boys and a daughter. I must say Girls are quite different ;) I have smiled with you laughed, and cried with you!
I have enjoyed it all :)))))


Thanks for a great blog!


Dana
d09@goldingers.com

Lannae Johnson said...

Of course I am here - but you already knew that, didn't you?! Love you!

Becky said...

I found your blog about a year ago and it is one of my favorite places to visit.

The beer bottle story was hiliarious, especially since i have encountered that phenomenom in my house more than once.

Darla said...

I stop by almost every day and feel like I'm visiting with a neighbor and friend. I like the fact that your blog is about the day to day of your life.

Darla

Richella Parham said...

I am so glad to meet you. Thank you very much for your encouragement about my blog. If I can make a place where someone like you can be happy to visit, then I am happy with what I'm doing.

I enjoyed "strolling" through some of your memories. You've been blogging a long time, I see. Good for you. I hope to be building something like this for myself and my family, too. Thanks for inspiring me.

Blessings,
Richella