Monday, May 04, 2009

Weekend recap

The Kitchen and Bath Industry Show (www.kbis.com) is normally this huge event held annually and is the key show for most Plumbing showroom managers. That is where I have been. However, the economy put a serious damper on the show this year. Many of the major players in the industry were not represented at all.

The light fixture above is designed for Baker Furniture by Laura Kirar. I did not see this fixture, but I did spot a sculpture in this design at the Ann Sacks booth hanging over a kitchen island. It was stunning and it was fun to watch people enter that booth looking up at the sculpture.

I have no photos (the show has a fairly strict policy about photography) but I did make several sketches for ideas that I will interpret in my displays.

To name drop a bit. We sat through a cooking demonstration by Martin Yan , one by chef Brian Duffy (he taught us how to cook the perfect scallop -- yum), drank hawaiian shooters at a booth, and the young lady at our statesboro store managed to get a picture with Eric Stromer from HGTV. It was exhausting - but informative and fun.

Now back to our regularly scheduled goodness for the next few days.

Have a wonderful Monday.

No comments: