Monday, May 11, 2009

It's all good......

Good Monday morning. I do hope you Mothers had a blissful day celebrating and being celebrated.

We took a time out Friday night and spent a night on the town. I blew the weight watchers points and had wings and Patron margaritas - Yummy.

We went to see Reservoir Dogs. It was a good night. Just before we left to go, I took the time to make soldered pendant with the header from the bands website.


Just a fun little accessory to wear.

Up early on Saturday morning - the alarm went off at 4 am - and off to a ball tourney. The full moon was breathtakingly beautiful and there were just a few moments of being able to see the sunrise and the full moon set at the same time. I got a little antiquing in during a break in the tourney - I bought some beautiful vintage buttons - and 3 saucers that work with my china pattern.

I finished a baby blanket too. Have you ever made things that you really do not like? The colors in this blanket match the bedding, but they are not "my style". Many times in the last two weeks, I have wanted to just put it down and start something else. The mom loves it and as one of my friends said "it was wonderfully made" - but I am so glad it is DONE.

Now I can pack and plan for my weekend away.


I snatched these two project photos from the workshop blog. I am gathering and making some items to customize the pot for myself. This includes crocheting trim for the top edge of the pot. I have this long list of fun items to take with me. Many of the attendees are bring vintage milinery items with them. That isn't one of my things - and God knows I do not need another "thing". So as I pondered my projects, my packing evolved. I'll be taking lots of notes and photos though, so that you guys can "see" some of everyones projects.

See the dried topper on the fairy ball - I'll be topping mine instead with the item below.

I crocheted the rose last night - sorry for the color in this picture - it is horridly stormy here this morning.


Now if all this just turns out like I picture it in my brain - it will be all good.

Hell - meeting new people, making new friends, a day of basking in a creative energy field, even if the project is a huge disaster - it will all be good.


Have a great monday -



3 comments:

ellen said...

Sounds as if you had a wonderful weekend..and a fantastic one coming up.
I love the rose you crocheted. It's beautiful.
Have a wonderful week.

Lannae Johnson said...

I agree with your conclusion! It will be great. And don't forget...I'm jealous!

Roxie said...

Even if your project isn't exactly like the picture in your brain, it will be good!

Looking forward to the pictures :-)