Tuesday, May 26, 2009

I finished it

Happy Tuesday - I had a wonderful weekend. Hope all of you did too.

We cruised Stone Mountain on Saturday - it rained - kids showed up with no long sleeves - no rain gear. By the end of the Laser Show, I was soaked. I gave up my gear to less than appropriately dressed teens. (FYI - white tank tops + pouring rain = too revealing for teen girls attire)

OKAY - off the soapbox.

One of the En le Jardin projects was an embellished flowerpot. Because of the weather and the decopage medium not drying, I didn't finish mine. I finished it this weekend.


I kept everything packed from the weekend and limited myself to what I had with me or purchased or received there. I punched medallions and glittered them with Martha Stewart glitter.



I stamped and glittered silk flowers - Added buttons and some wonderful crinkly copper wire stuff.

Some rhinestone "bling" for the fluttery critters. (I also folded these to give them dimension. )



Added paper flowers, lace and tulle to the rim.

Set mama bird to watch her nest of tiny eggs.



This will sit by my red recliner and hold the current crochet project yarn. I love it. It looks like me.

Additional accomplishments for the weekend. Printed the pretty vintage images to use on my memory book pages. Completely disassembled and recompleted my fairy ball. Crochet some on a brick patterned sofa throw. Crochet some on a doiley throw. CLEANED AND CLEANED AND PUT CRAP AWAY IN THE STUDIO.


It was a good weekend.




1 comment:

Very Mary said...

I spent the entire weekend moving stuff from the attic to the new studio. Backache? Check.