Thursday, May 21, 2009

Beautiful ......

One last En Le Jardin photo. Also one of my favorites. A clothing tag. Kind of strange you might think. I'll explain.

Attention to detail. I am not easily impressed by worldly things. Losing a pregnancy. Hearing the "C" word come across a doctor's desk. Being a mom and watching my children make decisions that I do not agree with. Watching my Mom bravely deal with her stroke recovery. Dealing with the challenges life throws. Can make you cynical. I like to think that it has not made me that way.

I talked to my mom last night. She asked how my weekend went. I tried to explain how being surrounded by beautiful, loving, empowering women has made me feel. I described the homes we were in. I described the event details that Jenn put so much of herself into. I describe an hour sitting and talking to Sherry about everything and nothing. I tried to describe how, instead of wanting a bigger home, more time in my day, more money to travel, being able to leave my grown up girl job and just play, my weekend was simply restful, relaxing and FULL.

Full of beauty.

Full of grace.

Full of empowerment.

Full of acceptance.

Just FULL. I came home with my reserves refilled.

Why is this picture my favorite detail? Because of the quote. "A beautiful garment is only as beautiful as the woman who wears it."

Every en le jardin fleur and those who worked tirelessly behind the scenes was beautiful.

By the way - the tag was on a gorgeous top made by my new friend and tiny little dynamo - Cheryl Dack. Please go see her and grab links to her etsy shops and flickr sets from her sidebar.

Two more things, please pray for Sherry's husband and Sherry. He had surgery than suffered a heart attack. He is now back in the hospital. Also, I am not a huge golf fan, but the news about Amy Mickelson (Phil Mickelson's wife) has come to my attention. Please pray for their family as well. Those of us who are in the breast cancer sisterhood, can sympathize with what they are going through right now.

Have a wonderful day.

2 comments:

Andrea Singarella said...

I love this post, Teresa. It was such a pleasure getting to know you a bit, and I hope we "meet" again before too long!
Hugs,
Andrea

Raesha D said...

Beautiful quote!!! It's going to be one of my new favorites:)