Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Arcs and Sparks (smoldering flames too)

I was in the shower. The phrase coming from the vanity area went like this (SHIT ---- MAAAAMMAAAA). There was an awful noise and smell. Then all was dark and quiet.

I ripped open the curtain and stand there dripping to see smoke (I missed the sparks).

Softball Princess and College Girl were at the mirror getting ready and somehow managed to plug a straightener with a necklace tangled in the prongs into the outlet. This will now require a new outlet and a new straightener and a replacement necklace chain. This one is now welded to the prong. No one was hurt in this incident - just hysterical giggles and then tears.


On my desk -- old fashioned yellow roses (they smell like tea) and Japanese maple leaves from my yards. An unusual but really pretty combo. They came to the desk with an inchworm.



I visited with my mom last night. Took some things to the attic for her and spent some time in her Easter egg lavender sewing room. I have some great pictures to share with you over the next few days. Starting with a small (and I do mean small) sample of her button collection.

And this box is FULL of crochet trims. All made by my mom. She is so talented. I am slowly learning some of these patterns.




I'll share some more things as the week progresses. I took a few things with me - gotta find two of my girls old Barbie dolls - I'll be displaying a couple of crocheted dresses she made - they need the final finishes - hooks and embellishments - that kind of thing.
Have a great day.

1 comment:

Karen at Junking in Georgia 2009 said...

Glad no one was hurt.. it is a day of sparks.. man installing my dishwasher hit a live wire ... 4th of July sparks flew.. he was ok as well