Friday, April 03, 2009

unlikely friends

The picture has not one thing to do with the post. I snagged it off a cabin rental website just because I liked it.

what is with blogger's formatting today? sorry


I have been test driving a used vehicle we are considering buying. Yesterday - it rained in the south again - and said vehicle decided to give me a tiny bit of trouble. Dad was a mechanic right up until the day of his accident. My instinct was that the problem was not serious. I was right. I took the car back to have it checked and spent my entire evening remembering my dad - the sights, smells, complete atmosphere of the shop was a very pleasant experience for me.
The title of this post is directed twofold. I met "granddaddy" last night - the grandfather of the man I am buying the car from. I had remarked upon entering that every shop must have a mustang body. Joey then decided I was to meet granddaddy and his collection of mustangs. What a wonderful experience that was. Thin, wise, soft spoken, with an abundantly long white beard - granddaddy was a pleasure. The cars - OMG - all prize winning restorations. Amazing. 5 mustangs and a 55 chevy. I'll be back to spend time with granny too - in the future. Imagine - she drives a classic car to work everyday. Unlikely friends - an unlikey common interest - and a fulfillment of the note from the universe that was in my inbox this morning.

These are the times, teresa, when hopes are dashed and chaos abounds, that golden opportunities, prized ideas, and new friends emerge into the view of all, but are only seen by the few who look.
I was looking. I found new friends. How cool is all that?
When I started blogging, I did not expect to form "relationships". But I did and I did that quickly. My early blogger buddies remain some of my closest friends. I know that sounds really strange, to have a friend that you would not recognize their voice if they called you on the phone. But I do have the close friends. We email, we comment, we snail mail, and in many ways these people know me and recognize who I am even more than those who live across the road from me.
There are too many of you to list. But I love each of you and you have a special place in my heart. I know that if I call on you, you will respond. The internet has made the world a much closer space. I am thrilled to have you in my life. However, if you call my house, let me know who you are, a voice and a name would be wonderful to combine. Even better, if you knock on the door, let me know whether its maragaritas or sweet tea I'm serving. I will happily prepare either for you my sweet cyber friends.
LOVE YOU ALL
Have a wonderful day.

3 comments:

Darla said...

If ever I get the chance to show up at your house it will be margarita's all the way for me. Just so you know :-)

Darla

Roxie said...

Absolutely. I like mine on the rocks, no salt. Bring 'em on!

Raesha D said...

ME too!!!! I would love to share an extra large virgin margarita with you....yum yum yum. I love margarita flavored jelly bellies too:)