Thursday, April 16, 2009

thrifty thursday and more

Good morning. There was a lot of laughter last night. A womanless beauty pagent fundraiser. We had the probate judge, the sherriff, and a local pharmacist as part of our contestants. A huge thank you to all of Madison County for support for Relay for Life.

The church also had a gym sale and silent auction as part of the evening. I bought some goodies.



This is pasted to the back of one of the pictures that I really purchased for the frame.

I'll be taking the picture out and copying to use though. The colors are super.

I also bought the little salt shaker set - complete with 8 shakers. These will get filled with fine glitter.

Another framed picture that I bought for the frame - the girl is pretty too. And the costume jewelry is for the workshop I am going to. That is one of the things on the supply list and also something that I never buy - just not my thing - so when i saw these and they fit my style and decor, I grabbed them. I'll be modifying the locet with some lace and fiber work to wear.


Total expenditure --- 5.00


This morning my note from the universe email had this wisdom ...
"There are lots of reasons for wanting a "do-over." Most of all, people want another chance to do things they were afraid to do the first time, and to say things they were afraid to say. Oddly enough, it's not their mistakes they want to rework, but their "unused" minutes."


I really agree with this statement - there are lots of "unused" minutes in my past. Being a cancer survivor taught me to live much more fully every day. Time also teaches that. I have some people I need to call today and just say "I was thinking about you and wanted you to know it."


I also experienced a major increase in grey hair production yesterday. Softball Princess had her first "DATE" - a young man from school/church and she took off to the driving range and hit a few golf balls. I called Dad and he wasn't ready for this either. Why can't they stay little forever????


One more not so quick thing - for a spirit lift go look at this. Please leave comments about your thoughts on this too. I have gone back again and again. Susan Boyle has no unused minutes in that performance - beautiful. I promise it is fully worth the 7 minutes of time.


Have a wonderful day.

1 comment:

Karen at Junking in Georgia 2009 said...

Susan should get a better deal from the gods.... the way the crowd reacted to her before she sang made me ashamed to be a human.. and hey, that young lady is going to get male attention things are crazy but not that crazy... life goes on.............