Thursday, April 02, 2009

Safe in the arms of love.

I feel a few of these coming. In various colorways. Based on an inspiration blogged about here.

Yesterday a friend blogged about a struggle. I felt the pull to focus my thoughts and prayers in her direction. So last night I did just that. I gathered supplies, which did not take very long because the list was short and having things better organized in my studio expedites that process.

The supply list - dusty blue linen 32 count - some hand dyed floss in a soft and sensual muted colorway - needle - hoop - and a stone. Oh and those reading glasses that have become a recent feature acdessory in my wardrobe.

I settled into my favorite chair, surrounded by my crew and focused on Jen. I haven't said too much here about my Lenten journey this year, but the events leading up to Ash Wednesday have made my focus much more meaningful. I gave up about 3 hours of tv per day by giving up those reruns - I haven't missed them at all and I have been a ton more productive along with some spiritual growth that is amazing.


My thoughts last night as I stitched. Healing for old wounds. Acceptance of heart promptings. Forgiveness of self and others. Giving and taking room to grow in all areas. Taking care of myself (and sending Jen the energy to take care of herself) Looking deep into the inner parts and realizing that happiness really is in each of us all the time if we just recognize it. I found some things that I need to do in my life and as we all continue on our life's journeythere will be more of those discoveries. I sent thought of that inspiration mentally to my friend.

Molly was home last night. She was on the sofa when I finished the stitching and gathering. After "wrapping" the stone and attaching it to the stitched piece, I proclaimed that it had turned out exactly like I pictured it. She responded "cool when that happens isn't it." At that point another realization came to me - we can't plan our life or the life of others very effectively - there will be no moment in life when we can say "that turned out exactly like I planned."

Nope - we gotta take it as it happens. Find the drops of happiness as they are sprinkled around us. Learn from our challenges. Grow from our experiences. Then wrap our arms around all of it. One day maybe we can say "we LOVED with all that we had and the world kept us safe in the arms of each others love."

How will I finish this - no clue yet? But I do know that I had to make it and I had to share its message.

Love you JenB.

There will be more of these ----

Have a wonderful day????

4 comments:

Karen at Junking in Georgia 2009 said...

a friend and I are supporting one another since each day seems to bring problems .. some big others rather minor.. we joked that perhaps we should just answer the phone " Now what?" within the past 48 hours the following has happened to the two of us : death in the family, health concern, one cat bit another resulting in big vet bill... I understand that it is a hard time for many.. Jen's story isn't a happy one.. it helps to have friends facing life alone would be impossible wouldn't it?

jen b said...

i am overwhelmed with emotion reading this post. your support means so very much to me. words cannot express just how much. one thing i do know is that i am not alone. i feel your positive energy, your thoughts and prayers do reach me.

i love this sentiment and all that you wrote. i love the amazing & beautiful stitching you created and i adore you. thank you from the bottom of my heart. xoxo

Roxie said...

Stitching is beautiful. Nothing like support networks to get you through life. Don't know what I'd do without mine!

tipper said...

GREAT POST!!