Monday, April 06, 2009

MaggieGrace Goodness from the weekend.

At a softball tournament (all day Saturday) I planted this flower bed.

I also escaped to a flea market and antiques store - those pictures tomorrow.

I made a celebration spoon pendant -- the words are clipped from the index of a Baptist Hymnal that I bought years ago. Those things go a long way in the craft arena, for 50 cents I can definitely say I got my money's worth on that purchase. I like how the little tearshaped bead hangs on this one. (it is saved from some dress trim). The butterfly is punched from some handpainted paper. I have this one on today and again I am amazed at how many people notice and compliment these pendants.


One day last week - I thrifted the little brass "do-dahs" on the right in the picture below. Now I had no idea what the crap I was going to do with them - but you know how it is - had to have them and a handful was 50 cents. Friday night - LATE - Like 11pm late - I had a brainstorm and ran out to the studio to gather up stuff.


I wore this one on Saturday and again got several compliments. I think the next ones I make will be slightly different - but I was happy with the result. The finished size of this one is about 1.5 inches in diameter - and is fairly lightweight.


I also mounted a piece of artwork and worked on the items for my en le jardin swap. A very very productive weekend.


Have a wonderful monday. temps were in the high 70's here all weekend. Today it is windy and cool with snow showers predicted - spring why don't you come to stay????

1 comment:

Darla said...

Your'e a crafty one! I absolutely love the necklace, no wonder it garners great compliments.

Darla