Thursday, March 19, 2009

Thinking Spring

An unfinished apron. Shared with the quilt guild at our meeting on Tuesday. Found in a box of goodies from a thrift store. The box also included appliqued Dresden Plate quilt squares. I grabbed a piece of disposable paper table covering as quick as I saw this and started tracing. I'll be making a few aprons in the next few weeks.


I also copied all of the embroidery on the copier. I'll use my transfer pen to add these embroidery patterns to my fabric.

The embroidery on this is beautiful. I'm still a beginner with this stuff.

The scalloped bottom is fun. The blue on this ladies dress is colored in (or painted or something). Does anyone know how that would have been done?


All of this with the embroidery is so pretty, but I think it will be just as pretty made from some thrifted sheets.


Instead of working on quilt stuff, I finished this little car seat cover. I had found several balls of really soft wool yarn at BigLots for 1.00 a ball, and this is just big enough to cover a car seat. It does not have a planned owner, but I am sure there will be one soon.
Tonight I'll try to sew an apron as a door prize donation for a fundraiser this weekend.

Seems to be super busy in my life right now. Not sure what that is all about, but it seems that way. Have a wonderful day ------




4 comments:

Queenly Things said...

I love the shapes, the scallops and all the embroidery. I have found some pieces that were painted or printed on muslin that someone had then embroidered around. I suspect they were kits back in the day. Yours is a lovely example. Good hunting!!!

Lannae Johnson said...

I am an apron fantatic, so I can't wait to see how these turn out!

Darla said...

Adorable, both the apron and the car seat cover. That apron would be cute in any fabric too.

Darla

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking that the "painted lady" looks a lot like an "Aunt Martha" pattern. Do they even make that stuff anymore? They made tubes of paint with a ball point applicator, and had all sorts of pre-printed patterns on fabric.
I used the paints MANY years ago, and they were antiquated then.