Monday, March 23, 2009

Thank you Rebecca Sower

I saw this post over at Rebecca's place. Fell head over heels in love with the idea. I love her work anyway and I know that like me, she carries a project all the time as well. I have to or I would go completely crazy sitting and waiting for things.

It is amazing to me how quickly a few stitches at a time add up.

I have collected Scrabble letter tiles since forever and when I saw Rebecca's picture, I had an immediate inspiration.



I strie painted a background in creams and browns.


Now I am in the process of "wrapping" my letter tiles in some strips of decorator weight fabric. I am loving the little "hint" of color left after I fray a few threads off the front. Subtle, but I like it. It is a little tedious as well.

More bits from the weekend. Happy birthday to my wonderful MIL - Ann.

It was great to see you Alan, Jackie, Brookie, and Brody (granddog).

Uncle John - love ya.

Lynda, Maddie, and Laura, and Honey (another granddog) - it was great to see you too - sorry we had to eat and run.

Chicken BarBQue at the church - Relay for Life bingo Fundraiser - and a softball tournament.

Whew - I needed to come back to work to rest.

Oh yeah - I am going to THIS.

Have a great day -------

No comments: