Monday, March 16, 2009

Sorry -

That was an unplanned blog break. Got busy at work. College Freshman was home on spring break. It was all good. I made a few more bracelets this past weekend. Time to go on a search for some more silverware too.

These pictures are inside under a flourescent light because it has RAINED all weekend - YES YES YES. The only time it was a problem was when I was sitting in that rain at a soccer game on Saturday - that qualified for the word YUK.

I cut and I drilled and I polished - let me just tell you - if you need to polish silver, copper, or brass a lot, go ahead and invest in a Dremel tool and the polishing accessory kit. I used NEVR DULL wadding style polish - rub down the silver with it, then used the nylon brush in the dremel tool. Life is easy and you all know that I like easy. FYI - that black bead in the picture above is actually a vintage glass button. That is a very large bracelet because those were serving pieces.


These mother of pearl hearts came off a bracelet that broke. There were three on that bracelet and of course I saved them
A total of 5 new bracelet to replenish what I had sold. I like all of these, but I think the one with the button is my favorite.
I also had visitors to MaggieGrace World yesterday. Sam's parents came over and we went to an art show. Then when we got back, they asked to see my space. Well after the season of cold weather - this place is a mess - I have dumped things in without too much thought. Then I took out the desk for my show booth. Anyway - I swallowed hard and let them in. Sam's mom is an artist and his stepdad is a photographer, they were pleased with what they saw and a little surprised at just how much crap I have. I told the Maggie Grace story. I explained how I create for ME and my sanity and not for monetary gains.
As I talked, my faith and my witness became more apparent even to me. Instead of wondering what they thought about what I make and where I make it, I simply was who I was and I realized that impressing them was not even a part of my story. I was struggling with wonderfing how I would handle rejection as I take MaggieGrace more public. I was wondering "what if people don't like what I make" as in "buy what I make. " I realized - I make what I make because I like it and I really enjoy the process. If others want my stuff - that's great - but that is not what I am about. I have a grown up girl job and whatever I spend on my muse is just sanity purchased. It is a good place to be.


Dad snapped this of the College Freshman and I fixing some dinner Saturday night. Yes this is one of those OMG I am so fat pictures that makes me more accountable to eating much better and exercising more. There is also a ton of visual messy clutter in my kitchen that I could probably do something about.
I really enjoyed having her home for spring break - I had to work so I didn't get to spend as much time as I would like to - but I sure am already missing her today.




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the bracelets! And the pic of Mother and Daughter in the lovely kitchen too!

ellen said...

Fantastic!!

Roxie said...

Thanks for link to Maggie Grace story. What a powerful post.

I enjoy selling my creations, yes, but I make them as an expression of who I am and who God made me to be. The talents are all His. I hope I use them for His glory.

As a photographer, I often tell myself, "The worst picture is the one not taken." So it is with our talents and abilities. The talents left dormant are certainly not used for His glory.

Thanks for using yours and sharing with us.