Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Monday on Tuesday ......

ETA - when the softball princess heard the heat come on - she sprang from her bed (yes like the night before christmas poem) - and yelled - IS THAT POWER!. For just a second I was impressed with her - then the reality of it all sunk in ---------- her next statement "I can charge my cell phone......." Teenagers - I wanted a shower and coffee - she NEEDED to text her buddies.

Because yesterday was a snow day. Take a look - lots of snow for the south.

No power for two days.




I crocheted. Melted snow to flush the toilet over a candle flame. Huddled under blankets to escape the cold -- total electric house - a chimney fire leaving the secondary wood heat useless. The low Sunday night was in the 20's F.


The view from my bed -----


The view from my chair.



The view from the front door. This was early in the snow fall on Sunday.
One last shot --- for the squeamish there is possibly gross factor here. A soccer bruise gone snow skiing and snow boarding -
I give you the Softball Princess latest sports injury.




I'm back at work ---- have a great day.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you got that much snow and I got none :) Looks like I need to move farther south to get some snow!

The bruise makes me hurt.

Roxie said...

I lived 8 years in Tennessee and 5 in Virginia. I remember how snow stopped everything. Snow days were great, like extra, unexpected time handed to me.

Power outages are not a lot of fun, but make great memories later.