Monday, March 09, 2009

Glimpse at my weekend

I am a little (more like a LOT) competitive so ribbons this color makes me so very happy. Especially when the competition - and former employer - had to step out of the way for me to receive my award. Kick ass moment -----


Paper roses and lace - an elegant romance themed booth - now what am I going to do to top this next year.

Those paper flowers drew much conversation - and people into the booth - accomplishing what you want to happen.



Paper cones of spring flowers - add just a pop of right color. At midnight Thursday night I was hand stitching ruffles to make the top trim of these cones.


I sprinkled color and accents through the booth. I used the College Freshman's prom outfit from her Senior Year.

The ring pillow from my wedding - a vintage string of pearls - the dresser that I use in MaggieGrace World and the table from beside my sofa.




Even the shower heads made an appearance.



What do you think? The cool part - I got a side job decorating a retail spot for one of our customers. A pool place is adding patio furniture to their offering and I'll be using my handy inexpensive tricks to separate an area for this display from pool chemicals etc.


MaggieGrace had a good weekend - I wore some of my jewelry and everyone loved the flowers etc. So I'll be adding more stuff to MaggieGrace's repertoire.



Happy spring all - if any of you want to help me clean and reassemble the showroom - just let me know.
Have a wonderful day.

Ready for this - I spent less than 60.00 for booth decor items - not too shabby right?








4 comments:

Roxie said...

Wow! You did great. Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Great job! love the blue ribbon

Raesha D said...

Congrats!!! The booth turned out so beautiful:)

Felicia said...

Woo hoo! Congrats :)