Friday, February 20, 2009

I'm Back ------

And it feels good to be back.

I found myself itching to make something last night. A sure sign that I am finding my balance again.

This will all seem like a bad dream soon. As a parent the hardest thing in the world is to let your child go out into the big bad world and then disagree with a decision. I really think what was so very traumatic was that the College Freshman and I have been so close and I always thought I would somehow "know" where she was. Wrong.

I owe my Mama some really big apologies for things I did.

Remember this picture from yesterday. I fiddled and fluffed it at picnik.com and this is the outcome ---- oh so very pretty isn't it. So much better. I like the softness and the color.


The next picture is of a piece that I wear often - I also never wear it without getting a ton of comments or compliments from men and women. Not once have I had to explain it. It was orginally going to be a Christmas Ornament when I realized how many of the spoon bowls I was going to have left from the bracelets. I saw it drying and noticed the leather lacing - brain engaged and here ya go.


The most difficult part is waiting for it to dry between the layers. Bend the little bit of handle into a ring (the leather lace is thick enough to prevent it from coming off since there is a little gap).

Collage bits of paper - this has a tiny bit of my favorite paper ever (the gold behind the word) - a word cut from a book - and a mother of pearl button.

All glazed with a clear 3d glass effect material designed by Plaid for scrapbooking. I was afraid it would peel off - but I wear this regularly and have had no issues at all.



I really need to bend a few more spoons and make these for the art booth this fall -

I have a pile of craft goodies for my weekend away - I do hope I have some time to make something - I have an idea based on a paper craft we did with the little kids last weekend at church. Hopefully I'll have pictures on Monday -

Thanks again for all of the prayers and support - you guys are fabulous.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like you came through a dark cloud and the sun is out now.... I'm glad. Enjoy Mother hood there is nothing like it :)

Darla said...

Love the altered spoon necklace. It is inspiring to me when I see that you use Every Bit of something in your art.

Darla