Tuesday, January 13, 2009

A simple procedure

The biopsy procedure was just fine. The incision is bigger than anticipated but not really a significant size. Three stitches - I was in and out of the office in about 35 minutes. It is on my right collarbone area and the skin is tight because of pulling it back together. I can only describe it as aggravating - not even uncomfortable. The worst part so far was sleeping - I sleep on that side normally and that would pull against the stitches and wake me up - so I do not feel rested. I have more aggravation to come. Because my clothes and/or bra strap hit this, I have to keep it covered. I am allergic to adhesive, so there will be a reaction to come. Over the years, I have tried every possible approach to minimizing this and so far the best has been benadryl cream, which I will be using faithfully as I change these bandages.

I'll know in a few days about the pathology.

On Sunday - I get to compare "scratches" with Will. Go here to learn the story of his boo-boo.

I spent last night not moving my arm for 8 hours (yeah right). I did not craft at all - I vegged on the sofa and watched really stupid tv programs like the best and worst dress stars at the golden globes and top 25 celebrity secrets revealed. Mindless tv. Something I rarely indulge in. (Also something that left me incredibly bored after about 20 minutes)

Tonite a meeting - tomorrow night church. On Thursday, the Softball Princess and school softball team will be headed to the State Capitol as to be recognized at that level for the academic award they received.

Maybe some MaggieGrace work will proceed quickly.

Have a wonderful day.

3 comments:

ellen said...

Do take care. Thinking of you and sending love your way.

Lannae Johnson said...

Glad to know it is over. Try to take it easy - I know that is difficult for you! Yay for the softball team!

Carrie said...

Big hugs! I'm so glad the biopsy went off without a hitch. Fingers crossed that it comes back clean.