Thursday, January 29, 2009

FAT QUARTERS, WIPS, & UFOS

Like Vallen, I just had to. Really - I did. I did not buy enough yarn to finish this blanket and it had to match - so (even though I am on a stash diet) - I bought even more yarn. I did get out better than she, I only bought 7 skeins.

In the checkout line, we were discussing the need to fill the vacated stash space immediately, Using words like stash, WIP, UFO, fat quarters, and yarn descriptions like MANOS. I tossed in blog and swaps and other such words. A language all it's creative genious own. A man from way back in the line adds this gem ---

"Will somebody please tell me what you are saying, so I can really impress my wife today?"

Apparently Ellen, thought my little beer escapade was funny. Get ready peeps ---- let me show you just how I roll. Turn away from your keyboard, when you blow coffee this time. I haven't slept with this kidney stone for a week - yup - still carrying it around. I have continued to work and I am ill. Think temper tantrum two year old style ill.

On the way home yesterday, the man calls and asks me to stop at the store for dog food and such. I was snippy, but I did it. He gave me a few item list,. I went in the store with a plan just to get even. Yes - the b(*%$ in me was fully activated.

I got most everything on the list, came home, put the groceries away, ate supper, took drugs, went to bed. At some point later, he appeared at the foot of the bed, announcing in an irritated voice (you know that voice ladies) that he was going back to town. At my drug clogged "why" - he answered - to get some beer.

My response (fully rehearsed) "Damn - I knew there was one more thing on my list(pregnant pause here) - I forgot." then promptly went back to sleep.

Softball Princess nailed it this morning. She looked me square in the eye and said - you forgot his beer ON PURPOSE and I'll bet you blog about it.

WHO ----- ME ----- WOULD I DO SOMETHING LIKE THAT?



Yes - I can be just that mean.

Here's the blanket I am slowly working on.




He got me back - he left multiple beer bottles around in those lovely locations that he chooses.

By the way - there were no real hurt feelings over this behavior.

Have a wonderful day.

4 comments:

ellen said...

Tee Hee...the Freudian slip here?
Seriously, how long do you have to live with this thing? Are they just hoping it will disappear, pass or what? If you ever get your hands on it, I suggest you have it mounted on a ring.
Take care, dear one.

Carrie said...

I love the colors in the blanket, it looks toasty warm.

I second Ellen, so when do the docs plan on taking more active measures? Come on now, it's time to break out the sonic machine......

Very Mary said...

I'm thinking that you should whine more directly AT the man. Why not? I would and you know it.

Felicia said...

Oh my goodness! If you weren't in such pain I'd be laughing harder. You poor thing, I'm sending lots of positive thoughts for that wretched stone.

And oh my goodness how funny about that fellow in line finally piping up and asking what y'all were saying :)