Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Companionable Silence

Last night was a quiet night. I took off to the cultural center of the universe (for those who do not know where that is - try the corner of 98 and 29 in Danielsville GA - the laundromat in redneck rural america). Caught up two washer loads of laundry - there was a need for clean underwear. Brought those home to dry and then sat down with these friends.

There were buttons, paper, glue, recycled bread ties. I finished the basic garland, adding these little black shirt buttons to it. I am back to working inside and carrying the stuff back and forth - Need better heat in the studio. It is freakin' cold here. The buttons are on a tiny plate from a child's tea set. I only have the plate, but I love it for this kind of work.

I made a few tissue flowers. There will be more of these for my table at the art show. I got out all of the stuff to make some tags. But did not get to that. I did crochet while at the laundry. I also got a few stitches in on a cross stitch thingy. (A kit from my MIL stuff)

I do not have a water source in my studio yet, so I have been using diaper wipes to clean up. they work great and the boxes are very handy for storage and transport. As I worked, I mentally packed a kit to take on the next work trip. I'll be creating the lettering for those banners on that trip.
I was quiet and concentrating. My flow was only interrupted by the dryers buzz as the clothes finished. It was a very comfy silence. The rest of my crew was watching tv - hoping for snow so that the long weeked could continue. They were disappointed this morning.


I worked late. I got a lot finished. This was taken by just the lamplight left in the room. It was a good evening.
Hope you all have a great day.




2 comments:

Carrie said...

so, when are you giving us more details about your art show? Will it be in the area? I'd like to go see it.

Darla said...

I'm always inspired by the way you fit your art into little bits and pieces of time. That's how I fit my reading in.

Did I miss a picture of the tissue paper flowers?

Darla