Thursday, December 04, 2008

The thrifting holy grail....

We have a goodwill store here. I like it. I also go to the Project Safe thrift store frequently. Like that one too (although there you have to dig). But my favorite is close to work, easy to get to, and often has random weird stuff. It's really my favorite and firends who know me refer to that as my holy grail thrift store.

Come on you know what I'm talking about.

I had a few minutes yesterday and swung in there. I dropped off a big bag of clothes and I picked up a pink linen tablecloth (that has already been cut so no issues) a shelf for a strange little space in the studio and a wonderful little how to sheet.

This was still in the mailing envelope and it has the full sized patterns for these little bowls and boxes.


I have a box and I have wanted to make some of my own - using vintage magazine pages and some of the old cards at my house - but I didn't want to take mine apart.

I'll be copying these full sized patterns to transparency sheets so that I can center the images for mine. I know, this is a novelty type of thing, but I am thinking that the boxes will be a distinctive package for spoon bracelets and crochet rose brooches.
Total for a shelf - approximately 2 yards of linen - and this wonderful serendipity find - 7.81. My Christmas is covered.
Working on a post for my Christmas wish list. Maybe tomorrow for that one.
Have a wonderful evening.







No comments: